How To Use Social Media To Find Your New Home
Mar 9, 2015
Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter can be powerful tools that provide an easy way for consumers and Queensland home builders to exchange information.
Whether it’s for looking at Queensland display homes on YouTube or contacting real estate agents on LinkedIn or to get neighbourhood reviews from friends, social media offers many ways for home buyers to find and buy their new home.
How consumers are using social media from home buying
Although social media is definitely not an emerging technology platform, the number of innovative ways to use social media just seems to keep increasing. Even if you are not an active social media user, it can still provide you with many benefits when looking for a new home.
Here are some examples of how social media can help home buyers:
- Local reviews: Consumers can get a better idea about the lifestyle and amenities of a neighbourhood by reading online reviews and comments on social media sites.
- Agent’s Facebook page: Home buyers are now contacting real estate agents directly on their Facebook pages instead of looking them up on Google. With more companies expanding their social media presence, Facebook pages will be more common place.
- Going mobile: Mobile phones provide consumers with a way to always be in touch with real estate agents either by phone, social media pages, or even text.
Plenty of social media sites to choose from
Here are some of the most popular social media sites that consumers can use to get information about new homes and properties.
Ways consumers use social media sites in their house hunting process:
- Facebook: This site is great for seeing what’s new on the housing market and links to a realtor’s page.
- Twitter: Users can get a pulse on the market by following trending topics and important updates.
- YouTube: In addition to watching video demos of properties, there are also many useful tutorials to guide home buyers through the home-buying process.
- Pinterest: Users can find useful tips, pictures and home-buying guides that have been “pinned” from all over the internet
There are plenty of other social media sites out there that home buyers can take advantage of to make better informed decisions.
Perry Homes has been recognised as one of the most trustworthy home builders in the Queensland region for over 20 years. For more information about Perry Homes properties and many more services, contact us today for a free consultation.« Back to Latest News / Awards