5 Australian Interior Design Trends for 2015
Dec 9, 2014
The importance of an interior designer is quite often compared to that of an architect, so it’s a good idea to be aware of the latest trends being used in house designs right now. As Tweed Coast home builders, we work with many interior designers that help provide great housing design options for our clients.
At Perry Homes, we make sure we are aware of the latest technological and architectural design innovations in the home building market, so that we can help our clients choose designs they love.
Below are some of the current interior design trends we expect to see throughout 2015:
- Use of diverse colours: In 2015 we can expect to see the sophisticated use of colours although it may be in ways not normally expected or seen in previous years. Previous trends made use of vibrant, fruit-like colours but we expect to use colours from the opposite side of the spectrum, including muted pastels, soft neutrals and marine tones.
- Visually-appealing fabrics with patterns: 2015 will see a big focus on creating imagery with plenty of visual impact. Anything from peacock feather patterns, graded dip dye designs and tropical prints will create refreshing effects and modern visual appeal. In addition, patterns that create 3D-like effects and kaleidoscopic images should prove to be quite popular. Implementing these effects onto fabrics for sofas will lighten up your home decor with an artistic flair that will create memorable impressions on guests.
- Industrial designs: These designs have actually been quite popular for use in homes for a while now, especially in the lighting and furniture aspects of the house. However, blending household items with industrial use applications looks to be stepped up to a more practical level by making them more convenient, functional and more modern-looking in 2015.
- Organic shapes: Organic shapes are a great way to provide a softer and cleaner appearance in our homes. Designers are able to make good use of less-rigid shapes to create more graceful and rounded effects, particularly with items like lighting, ceramics and accessories.
- Photographic images: Borrowing from images that become memorable and fashionable from social media website like Facebook and Instagram, we expect that these images will be used around the house as well to create great nostalgic effects. With the advancements in digital printing the possibilities are near limitless with what these images can be applied to.
Unlike most other Tweed Coast and Northern NSW home builders, Perry Homes develops homes using the latest trends and finest innovative designs in the market. Contact us now for more information on how we can help create your next dream house« Back to Latest News / Awards